| November 28, 2016 |
The Washington Capitals' season is in full swing with a roster of athlete's we can't get enough of.
- Karl Alzner, Braden Holtby, and Nicklas Backstrom donate $50 per regular season win to the Monumental Sports & Entertainment foundation So Kids Can. (In the playoffs, it’s $100.)
- 41 home games on the schedule this year
- 745—That’s the total points scored during the 2015–2016 season. The leadings scorers—Evgeny Kuznetsov, Alex Ovechkin, and Nicklas Backstrom—combined for 243.
- 4 environmentally friendly caps ditch the fancy cars and pick-up trucks (the two most popular modes of Capitals transportation) for a scooter
- Nate Schmidt and Taylor Chorney’s unofficial book club for two most recently read the Korean War novel Devotion. (The big hit of 2015 was The Martian.)
- Braden Holtby is often considered the team’s MFP (most fashionable player), but it’s actually Evgeny Kuznetsov who owns the most suits. He has at least 30 to Holtby’s 15.
- 300,000—the dollars raised by the team at Casino Night in 2016 for the Monumental Sports & Entertainment Foundation. Mark your calendars: The 2016 edition takes place on November 29!
PHOTOGRAPHY BY STEVE RUARK/NHLI VIA GETTY IMAGES (HOLTBY); PATRICK MCDERMOTT/NHLI VIA GETTY IMAGES (TOP LEFT); VINCENZO LOMBARDO/GETTY IMAGES (SCOOTER
Food & Drink
Home & Real Estate
Style & Beauty
Watches & Jewelry
January 31, 2019
February 7, 2019
February 14, 2019
View Digital Edition
OR SUBSCRIBE TO THE PRINT EDITION: