By Cynthia Correa | July 15, 2015 |
Set the tone for a great weekend by truly enjoying DC during a summer Friday. Here’s what we think you should do…
1. There’s nothing like a Friday night movie, so stop by the AMC Theatre on Wisconsin Avenue and catch one of the latest summer blockbuster on the big screen.
2. If indie flicks and documentaries are more your thing, check out Landmark Theatre’s E Street Cinema.
3. Stop by Central Michel Richard’s outdoor patio and sip on a refreshing cocktail.
4. Enjoy beautiful views and a dinner cruise on the Potomac with Odyssey Cruises.
5. Or visit Boatbound to rent your own boat for the day.
6. Feast on delicious Greek cuisine with a modern twist at Mike Isabella’s Kapnos restaurant.
7. Spend the day lounging poolside at the Embassy Row Hotel’s rooftop escape.
8. Grab a scoop (or two) of Pitango's homemade gelato in interesting flavors (think Sicilian almond and crème fraîche).
9. Take the kids to the Smithsonian's National Zoo.
10. Have dinner at one of the trendiest restaurants in the area, José Andrés' minibar, known for its avant-garde and creative menu.
11. While it may seem a bit tourist-y, a segway tour is a great way to see the city and appreciate the many sights that locals can sometimes take for granted.
12. Make your way to the National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden for the Jazz in the Garden Series, taking place every Friday starting at 5 p.m.
13. Treat yourself to a slice from one of the area's best Neapolitan pizzerias, 2Amys.
14. Take a hike at Rock Creek Park and revel in the beautiful scenery.
15. If you’re feeling a bit more adventurous, why not book a horseback ride?
16. Indulge in some tapas and cocktails at the W Hotel’s swanky rooftop terrace, POV.
17. Play golf at the exclusive Washington Golf & Country Club in nearby Arlington.
18. Not a member? Golf DC might be the way to go.
19. Plan a picnic with a view at Georgetown Waterfront Park.
20. Bike ride along the historic 184 miles of the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal.
21. Stop by Co Co. Sala for the popular chocolate and bubbles happy hour.
22. Enjoy the Yards Park’s Friday Night Concert Series (upcoming acts include the Morrison Brothers and Justin Trawick).
23. Catch a baseball game at Nationals Park and cheer the Washington Nationals to victory.
24. Visit H Street Country Club for a night of games like skeeball, mini-golf, and shuffleboard.
25. Take a fun Mexican, Asian, or Hawaiian cooking class at CulinAerie.
26. Spend the day perusing the freshest ingredients and flowers the city has to offer at Eastern Market.
27. Or check out some of the other markets in the city, like Union Market and the Fresh Vista Market.
28. Participate in a high-energy fitness class with DC BFit on the Yards Park boardwalk.
29. Enjoy Japanese-inspired fare, live music, and creative drinks at DNV Rooftop.
30. Head over to Kenilworth Park and Aquatic Gardens for a scenic walk, boating, and more.
PHOTOGRAPHY VIA AMCTHEATRES.COM (POPCORN); FACEBOOK.COM/EMBASSYROWHOTEL (EMBASSY ROW HOTEL POOL); FACEBOOK.COM/2AMYSNEAPOLITANPIZZERIA (PIZZA); FACEBOOK.COM/COCOSALA (CO CO. SALA)
Food & Drink
Home & Real Estate
Style & Beauty
Watches & Jewelry
January 25, 2019
January 28, 2019
February 6, 2019
View Digital Edition
OR SUBSCRIBE TO THE PRINT EDITION: