March 18, 2017
March 16, 2017
March 14, 2017
March 22, 2017
March 17, 2017
March 8, 2017
March 23, 2017
March 21, 2017
February 9, 2017
March 20, 2017
March 15, 2017
| November 28, 2016 |
The Washington Capitals' season is in full swing with a roster of athlete's we can't get enough of.
- Karl Alzner, Braden Holtby, and Nicklas Backstrom donate $50 per regular season win to the Monumental Sports & Entertainment foundation So Kids Can. (In the playoffs, it’s $100.)
- 41 home games on the schedule this year
- 745—That’s the total points scored during the 2015–2016 season. The leadings scorers—Evgeny Kuznetsov, Alex Ovechkin, and Nicklas Backstrom—combined for 243.
- 4 environmentally friendly caps ditch the fancy cars and pick-up trucks (the two most popular modes of Capitals transportation) for a scooter
- Nate Schmidt and Taylor Chorney’s unofficial book club for two most recently read the Korean War novel Devotion. (The big hit of 2015 was The Martian.)
- Braden Holtby is often considered the team’s MFP (most fashionable player), but it’s actually Evgeny Kuznetsov who owns the most suits. He has at least 30 to Holtby’s 15.
- 300,000—the dollars raised by the team at Casino Night in 2016 for the Monumental Sports & Entertainment Foundation. Mark your calendars: The 2016 edition takes place on November 29!
PHOTOGRAPHY BY STEVE RUARK/NHLI VIA GETTY IMAGES (HOLTBY); PATRICK MCDERMOTT/NHLI VIA GETTY IMAGES (TOP LEFT); VINCENZO LOMBARDO/GETTY IMAGES (SCOOTER
February 24, 2017
February 28, 2017
March 9, 2017
View Digital Edition
OR SUBSCRIBE TO THE PRINT EDITION: