BY ROBERTA NAAS
From Memorial Day to Labor Day, the color of the season is no color. Simple yet glamorous, a white timepiece is the striking accessory that will complement any outfit. Whether understated or adorned with diamonds, the array of styles for summer are blindingly hot.
1. Featuring Roman numerals on the dial and reflected on the bezel, the stainless steel Atlas Lady Round ($3,200) from Tiffany & Co. has a date indicator at six o’clock that’s discreetly heartshaped. The watch is accented with an alligator strap. The Collection at Chevy Chase; tiffany.com
2. The Swiss-made Hamilton Rail Road watch ($895) is a 38mm automatic timepiece that features a magnified date window at three o’clock and offers hours, minutes and seconds. It is fitted with a leather strap and a steel grommet, and it recalls Hamilton’s American roots: It is engraved with LANCASTER, 1892, the place and date of its founding. Fink’s Jewelers, Tysons Corner Center; hamiltonwatch.com
3. Charriol’s Large Columbus Tonneau quartz watch ($7,490) is crafted in stainless steel with a mother-of-pearl dial. It offers chronograph functions and a date indicator at four o’clock. The case is set with diamond brilliants, and the watch is accented with a crocodile strap. Zachary’s, 100 Main St., Annapolis; charriolusa.com
4. The new CEO Goliath watch ($1,350) from TW Steel is made of stainless steel and features a mother-of-pearl dial with three hands and a date indicator at three o’clock. Swiss-made, it is set with two rows of diamonds on the elongated case dies and adorned with a knurled crown. Nordstrom, Tysons Corner Center; twsteel.com
5. Dior’s Christal 33mm White Patent Crescendo ($3,550) features a bezel of alternating diamond and sapphire crystals in graduating sizes. The crown is white sapphire crystal, and the dial is shimmering mother-of-pearl encircled by stainless steel. The strap is white patent calf leather. Saks Fifth Avenue, Tysons Galleria; diorhorologerie.com
Celebrating the start to the White House Correspondents’ Association’s annual dinner weekend at the British Ambassador's residence with the Entertainment Software Association.